20130918

LEARNING

I have been gone all summer from this little corner of the web.  And, I must say, our time apart has been good for me.  This summer has been a time of learning and a lot of fun.  But lots of learning.  Some handed to us because of circumstance and some which happened upon our own accord. Oh, the school of life...

Life lessons aren't always something to rave about.  It's usually during their finale or after the show is over and looking back that we find ourselves grateful for the experience.  And usually during the show it can be a bit...uncomfortable. (I guess that's the point.  It wouldn't be a lesson unless it opened our eyes, got us out of our comfort zone and humbled us enough to change.)  However, as we saw these experiences rolling in, we decided to experiment and approach them a little differently.

As soon as we accepted our summer tale to be one of growth and understanding we began seeking it out ourselves instead allowing it to happen to us.  We spent more time in our scriptures and Barnes n Noble.  More time being very present and aware rather than getting distracted. We allowed ourselves to feel instead of putting up walls.  We are learning about life, spirituality, love, acceptance and keep'n it real. We've had a lot of late night talks, filled with books, sincere conversation and intoxicating laughter.  And we have made this summer's experience a story that wont be forgotten.  The greatest lesson we've gained thus far is that life is about love.  And acceptance.  For ourselves and for others.  

I have a lot to catch up on for my own records' sake.  So, be expecting summer part I through XX.  Ha-ha.  Or, maybe just a few.  I love me some adventure and that is what we've done all summer long!  
Also, there are some projects in the wings that will surface shortly.  I'm very excited to bring them to light.  

Other fabulous news, my baby is almost eight months old.  (Seriously?!)  Can it really be that this little dude that I held in one arm, now drapes across both arms and then some?  He is so big.  And I can't get enough of his sweet, tender, curious nature.  

Happy back to school everyone!  

P.S. Please don't mind my off-centered blog right now.  I need to fix it, it's driving me crazy, but I'm not making time for it quite yet.  So, we're all just going to have to deal with it for the time being.  
Love to you all.  I'm happy to be connected again.   

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for coming back and blogging. I sure did miss hearing from you. Thank you for sharing and to allow us to peek in on your little corner of the world with your sweet little family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you are back among us Jessi! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessi!
    I don't care if your blog is lopsided, sideways or upside down! I can stand on my head, if your blog is ever upside down. :D

    I really like your blog and I really, really like the pictures. I like your fashion and I try to wear what you wear. So, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess you are such a great writer! Love reading your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have you back, Jessi! You shared a beautiful post once again, about the true lessons in life and from within them comes humility and wisdom. :) I can't wait to read your upcoming posts, and to see these projects!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC is a great place to visit. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete